Saturday 26 March 2011

Pretty Parties!

The daughter of a very good friend of mine is having a Hawaiian-themed birthday party next month and Eva, Bianca and I wanted to make her something special. So, I came up with the idea of making a paper lei. The little girl's favorite colour is pink, so I knew the typical bright, Hawaiian colour palette wouldn't work, so I decided to use some pretty pastels instead. I found all the supplies I needed at Hobby Craft. I started with these beaded bracelets that I found in a Pond Shop.
After we finished painting the beads, we cut them off the strings and allowed them to dry. Next, I cut out a bunch of paper flowers using some paper punches and some pretty scrapbook paper that I also found at Hobby Cratf.
Ideally, I wanted to use two-sided paper or card stock for these flowers (to give them some more stability), but I really wanted to use this paper, so I just glued two flower shapes back to back.
Next, with Eva's help we punched some holes in the middle of the paper flowers.I just alternated the flowers and the beads, but you could make any pattern you want. Next time, I think I'll vary the size and shape of the flowers for added visual interest.That's it!

No comments: